High Adventure

Saturday we went on a High Adventure. I gathered my courage and Tyra and we joined Hal and Summers for a true adventure. We had the best time. When we took off on the first trail, Hal looked back at me and I said something to him about this being a really rocky road. He said, "Oh, that's how most four wheeler trails are." Well, I hadn't ever gone with them and didn't want to be a waney and so......I went forward, I mean up. The first high mountain lake we went to was, Dairy Lake. It was beautiful! It was so invigorating. There was a little old table under some trees we had our lunch at. Hal, Bryon and McKayla hiked around the lake and we went on to the next one. These trails were trails they had never been on. When we got to the top of the second lake, Bryon commented on these trails being the roughest they'd been on and how surprised he was at how well I was doing. I guess its a good thing I didn't know better. Tyra and I rode Hal's new four wheeler and every time she got a little nervous I told her this mountain machine could go anywhere. If she would have known how scared I was a few times, she wouldn't have had near as good of a time. The only thing that would have made it better would have been if we would have been prepared to stay, maybe next Time! The smell of the trees and the fresh air did me a world of good. I decieded I better quit whinning about all the stuff I think I have to do and play more! That is a stretch but.....I am going to try!

4 comments:

Mix Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mix Family said...

it sounds like a beautiful day of hiking. when we flew back to alaska, we could look down and see lakes nestled between mtn peaks, at the tippy top. it was marvelous. i'll bet that is some cooold water. 4 wheeling up by dairy lake sounds way cool!

Trent and Dianne Rencher said...

Wow Julie, those pictures are awesome of your high adventure into the mountains, my kind of fun!! I'm jealous! You go girl,
Di

Burgie's said...

Hi Julie,
It looks like you had a super fun summer. I have a question for you and I think i lost your email address. I think you had a recipe for a peach raspberry cobbler. I am not sure if it was you or not. If it was you can you please email it to me. My address is stacy@citywidefunding.com
I was looking at your recipe blog. It is so fun. Lot's of fun recipes. There was one on the post for Cilantro Lime dressing. Do you put this over the pork or over a salad? It sounds so yummy and I wanted to try it. I hope all is well with you and your family.

Hugs,
Stacy