Play keeps us vital and alive

Is this the puzzle piece I am missing in my life?  Maybe, although, I'm not sure I know how to let lose and reclaim it.  I found this illustration on a blog one day and haven't been able to shake it.  The quote that was with it was:
Play keeps us vital and alive.  
It gives us an enthusiasm for life that is irreplaceable.  Without it, life just doesn't taste good.    
~ Lucia Capocchione

Everyone has to find their own way to play.........
 Winter is tough.....last week was extra tough....
Linda, Gayla and Dianne and their husbands were in Mexico without us.  We couldn't go.  I thought if I ate at Taco bell, and tanned a little in the tanning bed, it would be okay.  But even when my taste buds were lighting up like usual, as I ate my cafe Rio salad, I was still thinking of them, waltzing down the beach with sandals on. The week had come and gone and I had almost forgot.  Last night, Hal was off on a scout camp out.
I sat down to check on the world and I found this picture of
my three cute sisters on the beach, in Mexico without me!
And just like that....it hit me....it's perfect.... 
I know how to play :)
Just look what I did.....it was really fun!....just me   
photo shop and my jimmy john sandwich.....
Sometimes we have to find creative ways to play!

1 comment:

Mix Family said...

ha, ha,haaa! julie, that was awesome. could you just photoshop my mom and jennifer in there? oh, and grandma. then it's a complete party!!!

you crack me up. your tan is probably much more even than theirs and i would DIE for some cafe rio. the restaurants in alaska are lacking...no cheesecake factory, no cafe rio, no z tejas, no nothin'...but we've got taco bell.

i know how we can make it better--come to alaska. cannon will take hal fishing and i will take you shopping! we have a gap here and a nordstrom. are you game? ; )
happy monday to you!