Marvin Hillam Reunion at the Farm


Mom and Dad were in charge of the "Marvin Hillam", my Grandpa Hillam, reunion this year. They did an outstanding job. We divided up into groups that were each taught a skill by one of Dad's sisters. These skills were actually part of everyday living when they were growing up but the methods have been modernized. Examples are: Washing clothes with a washboard, making butter, the process of straining milk and seperating cream from the milk. There was even a demo on making homeade ice cream. Aunt Grace and my cousin Molly had prepared all kinds of treats to top the ice cream or add into it. Somehow, I seemed to find myself at that station
several times. I wonder if they noticed. The only thing I feel really bad about is that I was too busy to take any pictures. These pictures are some that Barry sent-Dan had his camera out and I'd love to see his too. They are both quite the photographers. The farm is sacred ground to me. It represents courage, strength, pride, honesty, love and everything good in the world to me. I feel honored to share the Hillam name.

No comments: